St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School prepares students for life with a quality Christ-centered education in a safe and supportive environment. Families, faculty and parish share in the development of the spiritual, academic and social potential of each student as a unique child of God.
Statements of Belief
- A safe and comfortable learning environment values each student as a unique child of God.
- The opportunity for success is present when students learn in a variety of ways.
- St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School reflects the integration of faith and values with learning and life.
- Catholic education is an integral part of the Church’s mission to proclaim the Gospel message of Jesus.
- Students experience faith-based traditions as part of their educational formation at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School.
- Christian formation is at the heart of Catholic education with parents as the primary educators of their children.
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of the curriculum is crucial to the development of a sound educational program.
- Students are prepared for a life committed to learning, prayer, and service to others.
St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School was founded in1961, to serve the needs of Catholic families in the Altamonte Springs area of Central Florida. Our Parish is a member of the Catholic Diocese of Orlando. The School has been served by the Sisters of Notre Dame from Chardon, Ohio and the Sisters of the Holy Name of Jesus and Mary from Albany, New York, and lay men and women dedicated to the mission of the church to spread the gospel message of Love.
From the initial enrollment of 165 students, we have grown to a school of over 500 students in pre-K through 8th Grade. Our facilities and programs have expanded over the years. St Mary Magdalen Catholic School was fully accredited by the Accreditation Committee of the Florida Catholic Conference in the fall of 1972 and has retained accreditation to date. For the school year 1985- 86, St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School was awarded the “School of Excellence” Certificate by the U.S. Department of Education. Again for the school year 1987-88, the U.S. Department of Education awarded a “Certificate of Merit” Certificate for excellence in education. In 2006, St. Mary Magdalen School was awarded the “Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.” This is the highest award given to a school by the United States Department of Education and has been maintained through continued good works through the current school year.
Click above to view gallery of historical photographs.
What We've Achieved
- Re-accredited in the Spring of 2018 by the Florida Catholic Conference.
- Awarded as a National Blue Ribbon School by the Department of Education and maintain this award annually.
- Nationally recognized, award-winning Gifted Program.
- Numerous Diocesan student awards including Light of Faith and Ace Reporter.
- Numerous graduates who go on to graduate at the top of their high school class as valedictorian or salutatorian.